Thursday, October 27, 2005

You Are Not 12 Years Old

While being a nosy self-righteous prick today I overheard a man attempting to impress a young lady of the opposite sex:

"Did you see the Metro today?" she said.
"Oh, I don't read the Metro anymore"
"Why not?"
"Oh, I'm too busy trying to finish off my book and if I don't read it on the train I'll never get through it."
"Oh, what are you reading?"

In this split second, little did I know that my despair at the transparent 'intellectual' wooing technique of the young male and at the fact that I had nothing more interesting to do but listen to his drivel was going to get worse.

"Harry Potter" he replied.

And under British 'law' I would have been the criminal if, say, I'd forced his eyes under the coffee urn...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

N.J. students ordered to take down blogs
A Roman Catholic high school has ordered its students to remove personal blogs from the Internet in the name of protecting them from cyberpredators.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

27/10/05 22:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello writer, fascinating blog, enjoyed the read.

A 4x currency trading site/blog.
Top 4x currency trading facilities for all.
Don't miss it.

27/10/05 23:36  
Anonymous Cod said...

I fucking love currency trading! It fucking cocking cunting rocks!!!

1/11/05 13:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home