Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dicks On The High Street

So, our favourite high street electronics retailer is changing it's name.

Like me I'm sure that over the years you've come to know Dixons as a name that encompasses good value, wide choice, informed sales advice and a commitment to understanding modern technology.

But others don't feel the same, namely the owners. So a name change is in the offing.

And what did 'the guys' in marketing come up with? (and I can't bring myself to think how much they charged). Well, a name that cross references their other electronics retailer, but sounds modern...

'Currys.Digital'

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Now I know that Dixons is going to be more like Currys it can only be a matter of time before I hand over hundreds of pounds more for slightly outdated items (that aren't in stock) to a 14 year old sales assistant.

It's a brave new world for the local retail outlet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home